Iron Hawks Booster Club
The Iron Hawks Booster Club is a parent initiated non-profit club to help support our Hickory High School team. Our goal is to ensure that our players concentrate on playing football and that our coaches concentrate on coaching football. The current Iron Hawks Booster Club officers are:
- President: Kim Schorr
- Vice-President: Brandy Norko
- Treasurer: Jen Lobred
- Secretary: Dawn Lewis
- Webmaster: Dave Bower
The Iron Hawks Booster Club was formed for the purpose of assisting in and enhancing the Hickory High School Football Program. Accordingly, the Booster Club shall strive:
- To promote and sustain an enthusiastic interest among parents, football players, the HHS student body, and members of the community in the HHS football program;
- To encourage good sportsmanship and promote team unity;
- To develop and enhance a sense of pride and tradition;
- To provide support, financial and non-financial, to the entire HHS football program;
- To provide the necessary resources to supply the program with the highest quality training and equipment;
- To participate (in cooperation with the HHS Athletic Director, HHS Head Football Coach or his designated coaching staff member) in activities designed or conducted to promote the HHS football program.
In the past year, the booster club has provided pre-game meals for both JV and varsity for all games, summer camp lunches, snacks, photographs, senior night, and (on a more exciting note) new wireless headsets and wireless outdoor speakers. The booster club also provides support for the coaching staff as needs arise, such as coaching clinics. Things we are hoping to provide in the next year or so are: summer camp meals, breakfast/snacks for off season workouts, pre-game meals, a weight room record board and new uniforms. With budget cuts looming, the need for support increases and we are only able to continue to reach our goals with help and support from families and sponsors.